- Beyond the Lean Initiative [Lessons from the Road]
Through my IndustryWeek column, Lessons from the Road, I’ve been exploring some of the issues associated with the ongoing maturing of a lean journey. In this installment, Beyond the Lean Initiative, I explore issues with making lean an integral par…
- 27 days ago, 8 Apr 2015, 9:30am -
- The relationship between trust and lean
Lean doesn’t happen just because you want it to. There are enablers that make it possible. Trust is one of those enables. In this brief conversation between Andy Carlino and myself, we explore the relationship between lean and trust.
- 28 days ago, 7 Apr 2015, 9:30am -
- A leadership book for the new leader
You are a talented engineer. You’ve lead technical research and product development teams. But running a team is one thing. Now you’re promoted to a role where leading is just about all you need to do. That’s a great time to pick up a book from…
- 61 days ago, 5 Mar 2015, 8:59pm -
- What do you consider the most challenging unsolved problems today for the lean community?
Over 20 years ago, the biggest challenge was just getting buy-in to even try lean. And as we’ve continued to learn together, we’ve tackled lean culture / behaviors, leadership engagement, business strategy, and much, much more. What’s left? Wha…
- 63 days ago, 4 Mar 2015, 1:06am -
- A new lean podcast, Lean Leadership by Chris Burnham
I encourage lean learners to have multiple sources of learning. Podcasts are a very useful part of the learning portfolio. I have contributed to several podcasts, particularly one of the originals, Mark Graban’s podcasts, and more recently, Gemba A…
- 65 days ago, 1 Mar 2015, 9:15pm -